This Weekly’s Hot Topics
- A message from MOASC President. MOASC News
- A Treatment Option for HER2 and Metastatic Breast Cancer. MOASC News/MOASC Programs
- California oncology sponsoring SB 310. California News
- MACs Resume Medical Review on a Post-payment Basis. Medicare News/Noridian News
As President of MOASC, my goal in the 2021-22 year is to lead the organization into the future, ensuring long-term sustainability. The top three priorities for this year are to:
- Focus on diversity and inclusion, becoming representative of oncology in California, supporting community, academic and large institutions equally;
- Bridge the gap between community and academia through engagement and continued clinical education, and
- Create a Clinical Trial Network to promote trials throughout California and increase recruitment. To read more click here and go to MOASC News.
California oncology, MOASC, ANCO and the American Cancer Society, is sponsoring SB 310. This bill establishes a Cancer Medical Recycling Program overseen by the Medical Board of California to allow for the donation and redistribution of cancer drugs between patients and a participating physician. To read more click here and go to California News.
MACs Resume Medical Review on a Post-payment Basis. Beginning August 2020, Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) resumed post-payment reviews of items and services with dates of service before March 2020. MACs may now begin conducting post-payment medical reviews for later dates of service. To read more click here and go to Medicare News/Noridian News.
CMS has acknowledged the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic public health emergency (PHE) on clinicians across the country and will provide relief where possible. Under § 414.1350(d)(3), the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) cost performance category weight is 15% of the final score for the 2020 performance period/2022 MIPS payment year. To read more click here and go to Medicare News/CMS News.
Ask your Congressional representatives to cosponsor H.R. 3258! Use the Timely Access to Cancer Treatment (TACT) Act of 2021 COA Advocacy Kit. To read more click here and go to National News.
To read the complete California Oncology Weekly Newsletter, click on the date below.