This Weekly’s Hot Topics
- Tomorrow, January 6, 12:30pm PST, 2021 Medicare Update webcast with Bobbi Buell Affiliate Association News/ANCO News
- Friday, January 8, nominations due for the MOASC Excellence Awards. MOASC News
- Saturday, January 9, Best of SABCS® USA Western Region MOASC News/MOASC Programs
- Medicare FFS Claims: 2% payment adjustment suspended through March CMS News
- President Trump signed into law the latest COVID-19 pandemic economic relief package which includes Telehealth Program funding. National News
- California federal judge issued temporary injunction blocking MFN drug-pricing rule from taking effect January 1, 2021 National News
MOASC is pleased to participate in the #ReturnToCare campaign, helping patients understand the need to seek safe, timely tests and treatments amid the pandemic. The #ReturnToCare campaign is an initiative among medical organizations and patient advocacy groups encouraging patients to reschedule those canceled appointments and resume routine and preventative care, particularly in-person care. For patients, this may mean scheduling a child’s regular checkup that was bypassed, following up with the dermatologist about a growth you’ve been concerned about or making an appointment to get a mammogram. To read more click here and go to MOASC News.
CalHealthCares administers loan repayment on educational debt for California physicians and dentists who provide care to Medi-Cal patients, which represent one-third of Californians and half of the state’s children. Eligible physicians can apply for up to $300,000 in loan repayment in exchange for a five-year service obligation. CalHealthCares commits voter-approved, state tobacco tax revenues from Proposition 56 (2016) to support and incentivize physicians and dentists to increase participation in the Medi-Cal program. To read more click here and go to California news.
On January 11, 2021 from 12 pm to 4 pm PT, Noridian Healthcare Solutions is hosting a Multi-Jurisdictional Contractor Advisory Committee (CAC) for Molecular Diagnostic Testing for Pathogens. In collaboration with other Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) the purpose of the CAC is to provide a formal mechanism for healthcare professionals to be informed of the evidence used in developing a Local Coverage Determination and promote communications between the MACs and the healthcare community. While only the panelists will be allowed to actively participate, Noridian wants you to have the opportunity to hear the evidence and as needed. To read more click here and go to Medicare News/Noridian News.
Medicare FFS Claims: 2% Payment Adjustment (Sequestration) Suspended Through March. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act suspended the payment adjustment percentage of 2% applied to all Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) claims from May 1 through December 31. The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, signed into law on December 27, extends the suspension period to March 31, 2021. To read more click here and go to Medicare News/CMS News.
To read the complete California Oncology Weekly Newsletter, click on the date below.